Maintaining the security of your personal data is important to Us at Ben Tcharny Furniture and We are committed to respecting your privacy rights. We promise to handle your data fairly and legally at all times. Ben Tcharny Furniture is also dedicated to being transparent about what data We collect about you and how We use it.
All personal information will be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed unlawfully. We ensure that your personal data will:
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, or that we obtain from other sources will be processed by us when you:
As an individual you have the following rights:
a) The right to be informed – the right to know what information We hold, why We hold it & how long We will hold it for.
b) The Right of Access – the right to ask for a copy of personal data that We hold about you.
c) The right of rectification – the right to ask Us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that We hold about you.
d) The right of erasure or to be forgotten – the right (in certain circumstances) to request that We delete personal data held on you; where We no longer have any legal reason to retain it.
e) The right to restrict processing – the right (in certain circumstances) to ask Us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that We would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it.
f) The right to data portability – the right (in certain circumstances) to ask Us to supply you with some of the personal data We hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation.
g) The right to object – the right to opt out of any marketing communications that We may send you and to object to Us using/holding your personal data if We have no legitimate reasons to do so.
h) Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling – The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ben Tcharny Furniture (and trusted partners acting on Our behalf) uses your personal data:
– to provide goods and services to you;
– to make a tailored website available to you;
– to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with Us;
– to verify your identity;
– for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
– with your agreement, to contact you electronically about Our promotional offers and products and services which We think may interest you;
– for market research purposes – to better understand your needs;
– where We have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Ben Tcharny furniture will use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes, but only when you have made a purchase.
We will update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
We may collect data directly from you. The results of this analysis, together with other demographic data, allows Us to ensure that We contact you with information on products and offers that are relevant to you. To do so, We use software and other technology (automated processing).
Sharing data with third parties – Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, We may need to share your personal data with some of Our service partners. These include IT, delivery and marketing service providers.
Ben Tcharny Furniture only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when We have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Ben Tcharny furniture and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Aside from Our service providers, Ben Tcharny furniture will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent Our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
– credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
– governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where We are required to do so: –
– to comply with Our legal obligations;
– to exercise Our legal rights (for example in court cases);
– for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
– for the protection of Our employees and customers.
To deliver products and services to you, it is sometimes necessary for Ben Tcharny furniture to share your data outside of the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the EEA or if you are based outside the EEA. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, We will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure.
– your name
– your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
– purchases and orders made by you;
– your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
– your correspondence and communications with Ben Tcharny furniture
– other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as on Instagram, Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, We may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on Our website or send an email to Our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to Us, or from publicly available sources.
We will keep your personal data throughout your relationship with us. We will deem our relationship to be ongoing unless we receive a valid erasure request, or, if you terminate your account and request that your data is purged.
Once you terminate your relationship with us, we generally will continue to store archived copies of your personal information for legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law, except when we have received a valid erasure request.
We will continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our Services.
We will always do Our best to keep your personal data secure. Steps We take in order to do this include the use of technical controls (such as encryption and network protection), limiting the number of people working for Us who have access to your data and ensuring that they are trained in protecting your personal data.
Where We use external suppliers to process your personal data, We put contracts in place to make sure that they treat it as carefully as We would and use it only in accordance with the instructions that We give to them. Where these suppliers operate outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), We will make sure that the levels of protection provided are at least equal to those required by UK law.
Ben Tcharny furniture will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Ben Tcharny furniture asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, We recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, We recommend that you take the following security measures
– Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
– When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters, numbers and characters is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, clicking ‘your data’ and selecting ‘change password’.
– Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.